You never know when the unexpected will strike, but it is important to be prepared. Pet health insurance is designed to cover these unforeseen emergency situations.
Pet insurance companies are beginning to offer pet owners the opportunity to customize their coverage by allowing customization of deductible and co-insurance. This allows you to control their monthly premium and choose the level of coverage that suits them the best.
Some things to consider:
- Are congenital and hereditary conditions (like hip dysplasia, heart defects, eye cataracts, or diabetes) are covered?
- How is reimbursement is calculated (based on the actual vet bill, a benefit schedule, or usual and customary rates)?
- Is the deductible is on a per-incident or an annual basis?
- Are there any limits or caps applied (per incident, per year, age, or over the pet’s lifetime)?
- Is there an annual contract that determines anything diagnosed in the previous year of coverage is considered pre-existing the next year?
For more information on a plan that will work for your budget and lifestyle please contact any of these amazing insurance companies: